29.2.08

Sheryl R Garrison "Not Board"


Creating a self portrait turned out to be more challenging than I had anticipated. There are so many things that are important to me and that have played a role in who I am today. For this self portrait I decided to focus on the things that feed my soul - the things that might give the viewer a better sense of who I am and where my inspiration comes from.


In order for me to create something I have to feel something for the subject matter. Dogs are the inspiration behind much of my artwork and as for the snowboarding…well I’m just inexplicably drawn to the dance.


Dimensions: Width: 19 3/8” Height: 5 ¼” Depth: 1” including wall mount
Materials: Bullseye Glass, Copper, Ferro Enamels

3 comments:

Jeanette B said...

I like the simplicity and clarity of this piece. Dogs play a big part of my life, and this is really nicely composed.

Anonymous said...

Nice work. Great composition of some of the important things in your life. I too like the simplicity and colours.

Anonymous said...

Sheryl, you already know I'm a fan. I love the simple elegance & balance to your portrait. I like how your hair obscures part of your face, making us look a little longer to see 'you'. Also love the dimensionality of your dog - looks like it's just noticed a scent!

Linda