20.2.08

Nanette Bowring "Reflections"



Before having to wear eyeglasses every moment of her waking day, the first thing that came off when she would get home from work was her glasses. Having a couple pairs meant that one pair would sit for awhile on the end table. One pair sat so long it actually had to be dusted as if it were a piece of art! The rest is history!

This piece is called 'Reflections' as it reflects many of her loves; fused glass, eyeglasses, hummingbirds, and plants! The photo is an added reflection in the lens for the viewer as it is always fun to put a face with a name!


Dimensions: 9.5” x 7”
Materials: It is all fused glass and the image in lens is a decal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Nanette. I have loved your "eyeglasses" ever since the Magless exchange. Now that I am forced to wear glasses, I have come to be friends with them as they "frame" my life clearly again. Beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Great work, very delicate. You keep looking at it. I like the foto/reflection idea a lot.

Jeanette B said...

Nanette, I love the bright artistic renditions of eyeglasses that you portray here and in other works. I especially like the photo addition in the lens.

Anonymous said...

Nanette,

Initially I thought what cool glasses, with the 3-D plants & hummingbird so bright & colorful. Then I saw your reflection & was caught up in the detail of your portrait in the lens. It's a wonderful piece.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Nanette,

Nicely done. I have worn glasses since about 7 years old. Your capture of the wonderful smooth aspect of the old plastic frames and ear pieces brings back memories of school room boredom and playing with my glasses.

The frozen frit embellishments are very nicely done. I wish my current pair could be embellished this way.

Susan B