21.2.08

Leslie Rowe-Israelson "Don't Fence Me In"


There have been times in my life when I have felt completely closed in. Smothered almost. A period when my inner spirit was not able to soar. It was a "Heavy" burden to bear; and a time when every thing seemed too difficult to rise me out of the weight of the world. But at a time when all else failed, I could turn to my art. This would lift me above the darkness and into the light, allowing the sun to shine on my soul again.



Size: 23" tall x 15" wide x 1/2 " thick
Kiln Cast glass with frit , flat glass and pre-fired
color bars

5 comments:

Cynthia Morgan said...

Les, these are so different from your cast work--it's fun to see both sides of you and I often wonder which is the "real" side? Every time I see these pieces I see you, standing out at the saw in the snow, patiently slicing and chopping your jigsaw puzzle pieces...

Anonymous said...

I admire your work, and this piece is no exception! Great colours.

Stan Harmon said...

Les,

I catch my self falling into your piece and kind of swimming around, kind of like exploring a color saturated reef. It must kill you waiting to open the kiln for the first look! It would me.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, your work is so wonderful. The color, the shapes, lines, texture... all keep me transfixed, studying all the details. Your art lifts me to the light also.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

One of my favorite portraits. SuperLady busting out!

I would like to see it in real life.
The depth, use of different color bars, and various small inclusions are most interesting.

Susan B