20.2.08

Faye Walker-Malench “Dreams in Color”


My night-dreams are filled with colors, textures and shapes. My daydreams pull those all together into satisfying, beautifully crafted work. My awake and aware self wonders if it is possible. Such is the allure of glass.

Ten inch multi-layered square of Bullseye glass. The panel is developed using mixtures of fine powder and frit, silver foil, gold leaf, vitrigraph stringers, pre-fired glass dots, paints and mica. The bottom layer of the fusing is iridized, facing inward, to give more depth. For the same purpose, the panel is photographed overlaying a mirrored tile.

8 comments:

Cynthia Morgan said...

Faye, I really like the layering effect you're getting with this--so much to see and make stories about!

Anonymous said...

Great color balance. Like classical stained glass. Faye you said you photographed it on a mirrored tile... is the piece transluscent in some sections then? That orange stringer particularly glows....DBurt

Anonymous said...

Faye,

I love it, looks fun to me.
-kent

Jeanette B said...

Faye,

I love your use of colors and the artful curves of the stringers.

Anonymous said...

The many colors and techniques used in this make it so interesting...I see something different every time I look at it!

Nicki

Terrie Corbett said...

Faye,

I like the visual texture you created with the patterning and also the colors that you have used. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Faye, I agree with all the other comments. Your use of color & patterned texture are marvelous. I love this piece & can only add WOW!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Faye,

Powerful!

A piece I would like to examine in real time.

A glass artist I would like to meet.

Susan B