19.2.08

Barbara Ridgley "Millie 'n Me"

I try not to take myself too seriously, and when it came time to do a self portrait, I tried twice to do a serious picture. It just didn't come together, and I realized it was because it just wasn't fun. I switched modes and did a cartoon version of myself and my overzealous (and much loved) bearded collie, Millie, on a walk. It was a blast to create this portrait, and I think it paints a pretty good picture of my often crazy, but humorous life.



Size: 8”x 8”

Materials: System 96 Glass, Powder & Fine Frit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. This tells me who you are. You're having fun.
Andrea

Stan Harmon said...

I get it too!

Anonymous said...

I love this piece. It makes me smile.
Also makes me want to hug my puppies!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this cuz it makes me chuckle every time I look at it...it's cartoonish, but so realistic!

Nicki

Anonymous said...

Barbara your piece makes me laugh out loud. We should all have as much fun as you are! My dog walks me the same way! Your lines portray the portrait perfectly.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Barbara,

Nicely done.

Your piece brings smiles to my day.

Susan B