20.2.08

Holley Southworth "Her Holleyness"

Upon defining myself, I came to the general conclusion that I am first a woman, second a a mother and third an artist. This piece is my symbolic representation of these three qualities. Many of the motifs I've included in this piece portray what I see in myself as well as other women: Fertility, Emotion, Strength and Beauty to name a few. The overall vision is meant to remind myself to value all that I (we) possess.



Size: 11 x 11 inches
Materials: Bullseye Glass

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I particularly enjoy the texture you achieved in the background in the light blue areas. When I look at it up close, it feels like a shallow pond with the sunlight refracting and reflecting.

Anonymous said...

I like the mystical and mysterinous about this...

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sentiment, Holley. The background in your portrait is just as interesting as your focal image. My eye is drawn to the sparkling blue pool of light. I also like the flowing tendrils & your symbolism.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Holley,

What a nice abstraction of self.

I like the texture and use of color in this piece. The light blue aura adds a nice glow to your inner self.


Susan B