4.3.08

Jeanette Bailor “Can’t See The Forest For The Trees”


Every now and then I approach a project and my mind is too muddled with details and random thoughts to plainly see the best way to attain my goal. I feel as though I am battling my way through the forest as I try to find my focus. Then, without consciously being aware of it happening, it will seem as though I have come through the trees and everything has fallen into place. It is as though the trees were never as hard to see through as I had imagined.

This piece signifies me looking through the forest trying to find my way.
This piece is a composition of imagery within a glass block, using Bullseye Tekta and powders. The base is 3mm French Vanilla, topped by four layers of 3mm Tekta. Powders were used to create images on each of the five layers. Each layer was fired separately after the application of powder, then all were stacked, dammed and fired to create the final piece. The edges were sanded to a polished finish using a wet belt sander.

7” x 10”

photos by Jeff Hoss

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by the surreal quality of the image you have created. I feel that with this piece you invite the viewer to transcend observation and join you in your journey.

Anonymous said...

Jeanette, I agree with Michele. Your piece is quite mystical for me. You placed your silhouette in such a way that I think I can see details. Also like how you weighted the lower edge with color & it almost blends with the silhouette.

Linda

Anonymous said...

There is luminosity to this piece.
Good use of color, good design.

I like your inner process of finding your focus.