24.3.08


2008 Interpretations of Self: Self Portraits in Glass

The challenge of exploring the self portrait was presented to members of the Warm Glass Bulletin Board the first time in 2005, http://www.warmglass.com/phpBB/index.php
and their works were shown in Spring, 2006

http://firedglassportrait.blogspot.com/


The rules for participation were that the artists have a desire to investigate the concept of self portrait, and execute that concept using kiln forming techniques.

It’s Spring, 2008 and I present to you the works of the 34 artists who took the self portrait challenge.

Enjoy your visit to our virtual gallery.
Please feel free to offer your comments to the artists.

Cynthia Oliver

All works depicted here are protected by copyright and should not be reproduced and/or copied without the express permission of the respective artists.

3 comments:

Peter Cummings said...

Cynthia, on my self portrait, behind my left arm and hanging on the keyhole doorway, is the towel I am often about to throw in. Years getting nowhere and lack of encouragement, why do I do the glass I do? After looking at these wonderful works and listening to the artists stories I have got back some fire in the gut and a tear in my eye.For the inspiration and the wonderful presentation job I want to say thank you very, very much.
Peter Cummings.

Cynthia Oliver said...

You are welcome. I'm terribly happy that the benefit for you is that there's a fire that's been rekindled.

Anonymous said...

I want to express sincere and hearty gratitude to Cynthia for putting her time and creativity into initiating and producing this venue.